40 hours a week | Groningen
Ocean Grazer has begun with the engineering and construction on a full-scale project of our breakthrough energy storage system, the Ocean Battery. We are hiring! And looking for an Engineer with a background in Computational Fluid Dynamics. Do you want to join and strengthen our enthusiastic team and work in a fast-growing sustainable start-up? Then take a look at this vacancy.
As a CFD Engineer within Ocean Grazer you are directly involved in the development of the Ocean Battery. The Ocean Battery is an award winning pumped hydro system at the seabed, that provides utility-scale offshore energy storage by using the hydrostatic pressure of the ocean. It is based on hydro dam technology, that has proven itself for over a century as highly reliable and efficient. Our technology does not require rare earth materials and uses water as the energy carrier.
You will work in an enthusiastic and rapidly growing scaleup, which is fully committed to making the world more sustainable. We solve the biggest challenge within the energy transition by realizing large-scale sustainable energy storage. As a CFD Engineer you will develop and apply numerical models to improve the hydro-electric pump and turbine system of the Ocean Battery. Next to that, you’re open to a broader view of subsystem engineering and optimization. Your results are applied immediately and you are ready to start working in a very dynamic company.
Ocean Grazer is a Dutch start-up company, focusing on the development of sustainable and utility-scale energy storage. The Ocean Battery is our breakthrough solution based on patented key enabling technology to solve the huge challenge of balancing supply & demand for the global offshore energy industry due to intermittent production of wind power.
- A completed technical education at minimum HBO-level;
- Relevant work experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics;
- Basic knowledge of pump and turbine systems;
- Takes initiative and start projects independently;
- Able to make well-considered choices and convince others of this;
- Creative, with a pragmatic and flexible attitude;
- Excellent command of the English language in word and writing.
We offer you:
- Full-time position, 40 hours per week;
- Flexible working hours;
- Competitive salary depending on relevant experience
- Secondary employment conditions (including pension and travel allowance)
- A challenging job with plenty of room for your own input
- Enthusiastic, driven colleagues in a fast-growing startup
Can you completely identify with this profile? And you want to know more about this challenging position? Please contact our CTO Marijn van Rooij (firstname.lastname@example.org), and enclose your motivation and CV.